Every now & then a new “catch phrase” comes along, & currently we have been hearing a TON about SUPER FOODS. A super food is considered to be a nutrient-dense food that is especially beneficial for health & well-being.
In other words, it’s a food that gives you the most bang for your buck, & you may as well picture it wearing a red cape because it is THAT awesome.
Some of these foods you may be familiar with, such a broccoli, spinach, & salmon. One that you may not know as much about are Chia seeds.
Chia seeds belong to the mint family, yet have little to no taste. These little guys are more known for their texture.
Among the benefits listed above, Chia :
- has 2xs the potassium of bananas (GREAT for muscle recovery!)
- has more Vitamin C than oranges
- is high in Dietary Fiber (A+ for digestion!)
- is Gluten-Free
- is higher in Antioxidants than blueberries
- is high in Protein & considered a Complete Protein (All essential 8 Amino Acids!)
HOW CAN WE EAT IT?
I eat chia seeds sprinkled on top of my rolled oats for breakfast, I throw it in my smoothies & shakes, & I put it in my teas & flavored Aloe drinks to give them a different texture. YUM!
What is YOUR favorite way to eat Chia?